Preview your ad
See a preview of your ad without impacting impressions or clicks. If your ad isn't on the first page of search results, we will explain why and offer suggestions on getting it there. For details about the Ad Preview and Diagnostics Tool, see How can I preview an ad without paying for clicks.
To preview your ad on the first search results page:
- Click Tools in the top right corner of the page, and then click Ad Preview and Diagnostics Tool.
- On the Ad Preview and Diagnostics Tool page, type the keyword or search query for which you want to find search ads.
- Select the targeting options (Language, Domain and Location) for which you want to preview your ads.
- Click Preview.
Do one or more of the following:
If you see this message Do this Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely Click No to proceed This page contains both secure and nonsecure items Click Yes to proceed Your ad is not showing
- In the Reason for not showing column for each keyword listed, click the short summary to see a full description and a suggested action.
- Follow the action suggested.
- Click Close.
- If your ad is not showing in the preview tool, first look over this checklist of things to verify. Then if you are still not able to find it, here are a few troubleshooting ideas.
- If your account is inactive or paused the tool will show you a preview of the first page of search results, but won't show any diagnostic information because ads in paused or inactive accounts aren't eligible to be served.
- You won't see a preview of your ad if it's appearing on another search results page - that is, lower than ad position 9. For info on ad position and how to improve it, see What is "ad position" and Ideas for improving ad position and why it's important.