Bing Ads API
The Bing Ads Application Programming Interface (API) helps advertisers and agencies manage their Bing Ads accounts effectively and efficiently. Through the Bing Ads API, you can manage your accounts, campaigns, ad groups, keywords, and ads through a programmatic interface.
The Bing Ads API lets you:
- Create new campaigns, ad groups, keywords, and ads in bulk.
- Retrieve Bing Ads performance data for one or many accounts.
- Manage campaigns by revising budgets, targeting ad groups, updating bids, pausing ads, and more.
- Remove existing campaigns, ad groups, keywords, and ads.
What’s new in the Bing Ads API
Improve your reach with keyword suggestions. Keyword suggestions, already available in the United States, are now available in the United Kingdom with the GetKeywordOpportunities service operation.
Use the “Competition” field in the Optimizer service to see what competition you will face when bidding on suggested keywords. For advertisers in the United States and United Kingdom, the Competition field will return values of 0.01-1.0, indicating expected levels of competition for a keyword. You can see this information through the Optimizer service (KeywordOpportunity data object), but it does not require development or workflow changes.
Optimize your keywords by comparing the performance of your mainline and sidebar ads and by identifying keywords by status. A new “Top vs. other” column in the Keyword Performance report shows the performance difference between ads displayed in the mainline position and ads displayed in the sidebar. New status columns in the report also help you to quickly identify keywords based on “Keyword status,” “Account status,” “Campaign status,” and “Ad group status.” Learn more on MSDN.
- Get bid estimates at the ad-group level when you’re creating new campaigns. The recommended bids, which are based on your keywords for that ad group, may help your ads display in specific positions, such as the first search results page. To take advantage of this feature, use the new API signature in the Bing Ads API Version 8 Ad Intelligence Service. Learn more on MSDN.
- Use a new API flag to take advantage of improvements to Bid and Traffic Estimation. With improved bid guidance coverage, you can get estimates for all of your keywords as compared to only limited coverage of keywords for bid estimates in the past. To take advantage of the improved bid guidance immediately, you need to use the GetIncreasedBidCoverage flag.
- Improve ad performance with a unique landing page for each keyword match type. With the Landing Page by Match Type feature, you can customize your landing pages for different match types of a keyword, pause or resume ads by keyword match type, and track keyword performance by match type. This feature is now available in all markets except the United Kingdom and France, and all advertisers in those markets will have the feature soon. Read the Bing Ads API blog to learn more.
- Help increase click-through rates by adding several direct links to your website in your mainline search ads. With the Sitelink extensions feature, which is now available in the United Kingdom and Ireland, you can display several deeper links to your site’s webpages in your mainline search ad, making your ads more relevant and gaining a higher click-through rate. Provide a link to a menu, an order page, a photo gallery, or anything else—right in your text ad. For more information, visit MSDN.