Bing Ads Intelligence tool
Bing Ads Intelligence is a powerful keyword research and optimization tool that operates seamlessly in Microsoft Office Excel. Once installed, open Excel and you’ll see a tab on the menu bar called Bing Ads Intelligence. Click the tab to start building your keyword lists and gauging keyword performance on the Yahoo Bing Network. Being able to view, select and bid on the best performing keywords makes this tool critical for maximizing your ad spend.
After reading this training, you will understand how to:
- Download Bing Ads Intelligence.
- Apply the keyword suggestion and keyword analysis features.
- Create customizable keyword research workflows.
- Download and use the keyword research templates.
Before you install the tool, be sure you have Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Office Excel 2013, 2010 or 2007 installed and closed on your computer. Also, you must uninstall any previous versions of Bing Ads Add-in for Excel, or Bing Ads Intelligence. Next, sign in to your Bing Ads account and navigate to the Tools tab. Under Application Downloads, click the Bing Ads Intelligence Download link and follow the Install Wizard prompts.
Bing Ads Intelligence interface
Once installed, launch Excel and click the Bing Ads Intelligence tab.
Step 1: Sign in and select an account. Click the Sign in button, enter your Bing Ads credentials and click OK. In the Select Account dialog box, enter the name of the account you want to use and click the search icon. From the resulting list, select the account you want and click OK.
Step 2: Select a campaign and ad group. Once you have selected an account you then select the campaign and add up to 50 Ad Groups. From there, you’ll be able to download the keywords in the ad groups you’ve selected, along with their performance data.
Step 3: Download keywords to a worksheet. In the Select Data Range dialog box, select a data range from the list. If you select Custom data range, you’ll need to choose start and end dates. Then click Download. You can enter Keywords, Keyword Phrases, or URLs in a worksheet and select the keywords you want to use.
- Keyword suggestions buttons build or expand keyword lists with additional relevant keywords.
- Keyword analysis buttons create a keyword strategy based on attributes like historical performance, geography and demographics.
- The Bid estimation button reviews data to optimize keyword bidding strategies.
Most of these buttons can be used two ways: Quick use and Custom use.
- Quick use is recommended for quick or ad-hoc research. To run, simply click the button, or choose Submit from the drop-down menu.
- Custom use is recommended for creating templates or re-usable research. Choose Customize from the drop-down menu to enter custom parameters like device and date.
The keyword suggestions buttons help you quickly create large keyword lists from one initial seed keyword or URL:
- To generate a suggested keyword list, select the keywords you want to use from your Account Keywords Worksheet (or any worksheet with a column of keywords). Select keywords from only one column. On the Bing Ads Intelligence tab, click Keyword Suggestions. If you want to customize the list, click Customize and select the options you want in the Keyword Suggestions dialog box and click Submit. After you’ve created your list of suggested keywords, use Create Bulksheet and import them into a selected Bing Ads campaign and ad group. Click Webpage Keywords to generate keywords from a specific website.
- Click Keyword Expansions to get more ideas from the keywords you select in the sheet.
- Click Searches with Your Keyword to generate a list of search queries containing your keywords.
- Click Associated Keywords to generate new keywords based on other advertisers' bidding behavior.
- Click Related Searches to create a list of search queries based on the Bing Related Search results. The related search terms are derived from the related searches list that appears on the left side of the Bing Search results screen.
You can apply the Keyword analysis features to your seed keywords, or to the generated keywords from the Keyword suggestions buttons. They include:
- Click Traffic for daily, weekly and monthly search query counts. Traffic is useful for spotting trends in search queries.
- Click Keyword Categories to view a list of business categories for specified keywords.
- Click Search-User Location to generate a list of locations within a country, state/province or city with the most searches on specified keywords.
- Click Age Group & Gender to generate age group and gender percentages for the specified keywords over the last 30 days.
- Click Keyword Performance to view historical performance data for the specified keywords, including clicks, impressions and costs.
The Bid Estimation button displays bid suggestions and estimated performance data for existing keywords.
Clicking Submit returns bid estimation data in a spreadsheet with the following columns:
- Match Type
- Estimated Min Bid
- Average Cost Per Click (CPC)
- Estimated Min Impressions
Templates are pre-generated keyword research ideas in the form of dashboard spreadsheets. They allow you to quickly research keywords using a best practice.
Accessing these templates is easy. Click on the Keyword Research Templates button to open the Template panel. Scroll to the desired template, and click to open.
Most templates contain instructions, but, in general, they are easy to use. You enter information into highlighted cells and click on the Refresh All button.
Templates are powerful and flexible. You can extend existing templates with additional Bing Ads Intelligence and Excel features, or create custom templates based on your own unique workflow. Templates can be saved and shared with colleagues, or even shared with the Bing Ads Intelligence user community. To submit custom templates, email email@example.com.
Create a template
Bing Ads Intelligence lets you choose where to display results in your workbooks. In addition, you can manipulate data with favorite Excel features, like pivot tables, filters, sorts and graphs.
Create a list of Generated Keywords from the seed keyword, “digital camera.” From the Generated Keyword column, select the keywords to return data. Click Traffic to open the dialog box. Choose Existing Worksheet, and select the cell where the returned traffic data should be placed. In this example, we chose D6.
Click Submit, and the Traffic data is inserted at the cell location selected, D6.
You can save this workflow and use it again later. If you need traffic data for a different keyword, simply select a new range of keywords and click Refresh All in the ribbon.
Now you can see how you compare to other advertisers participating in the same auctions on the Yahoo Bing Network. The Auction Insights report provides data on key statistics, including impression share and top of page rate. The report can help you make strategic optimization decisions by showing where you are succeeding and where you may be missing opportunities for improved performance.
Bing Ads Intelligence is a powerful keyword research tool that helps you build, expand and research keyword lists in Excel.
Bing Ads Intelligence helps you:
- Build lists of relevant keywords with query data from the Yahoo Bing Network.
- Increase your ROI by identifying affordable keywords with high performance potential.
- Discover competitive bids that can help increase traffic.
- Create customizable keyword research templates that let you analyze data for your business.
Please note all features in this training may not be available in your market.