Mobile FAQs related to Gemini
- What is the impact of the Yahoo Gemini launch of mobile paid search ads on Bing Ads serving on mobile devices?
Bing Ads provides search ads on all devices, including mobile devices, across Bing and Yahoo search results pages, as well as our network of partner sites. Only a portion of search ads on Yahoo’s mobile search pages will be provided by Yahoo Gemini instead of Bing Ads. Bing Ads remains the only platform for purchasing mobile search ads on Bing and its network of partner sites and also delivers search ads on the highest performing
mobile search placements (i.e., topmost on page) for web searches on Yahoo’s mobile
- Should I continue to utilize Bing Ads as the primary channel for paid search across all devices including mobile devices?
Yes. Bing Ads is the only unified platform for advertisers to manage paid search advertising across all devices including PC, tablet and mobile devices, in order to achieve scale across the entire Yahoo Bing Network. Advertisers will want to continue letting KPI metrics such as consumer engagement and return on investment influence their advertising spending and platform utilization decisions.
- Does Yahoo Gemini require coding to a separate platform codebase?
Yes. Gemini is built on a proprietary platform owned and operated by Yahoo with a codebase separate from that for Bing Ads.
- What measures does a mobile advertiser need to take to ensure that spending allocation on Bing Ads remains as intended?
Paid search advertisers on the Yahoo Bing Network have full discretion to continue serving their mobile search ads through Bing Ads. Bing Ads remains the only platform for purchasing mobile search ads on Bing and delivers search ads on the highest performing mobile search placements (i.e., topmost on page) for web searches on Yahoo’s mobile search pages.
- Has Microsoft’s commitment to mobile changed with the introduction of Yahoo Gemini?
No, mobile search advertising remains a high priority for Microsoft, with mobile ad click volume growth on Bing Ads in excess of 100 percent over the past year. This mobile momentum for Bing Ads has been fueled by investments in our marketplace and new mobile ad products, such as mobile site links, click-2-call, and location extensions with even more features on the way.
- What are the recent and upcoming mobile ad product launches for Bing Ads?
Bing Ads recently launched site links for mobile devices across Yahoo and Bing. Soon we will be launching product ads for all mobile platforms. We continue to invest aggressively in mobile ad products and marketplace on the Bing Ads platform.
- How can I provide feedback regarding my recent experiences with Bing Ads for search advertising on any device including mobile devices?
Microsoft’s Search Advertising leadership team, account teams, and engineering leads are committed to your success and encourage open dialogue about your experiences with Bing Ads, Gemini and the Yahoo Bing Network overall.
Contact a Bing Ads support representative for questions or to help configure and maintain your mobile search spend.