Traffic Quality Center
We are committed to delivering world-class service to our advertisers and publisher partners. We are dedicated to protecting our marketplace from click fraud and maintaining our traffic quality standards. To those ends, we’ve created this online resource to provide you with the information needed to understand our traffic quality protection systems.
As you read through the information, be aware that even with these systems in place, we cannot guarantee to catch every instance of low-quality or suspicious traffic. If you suspect click fraud, please report it to our team and we will investigate it promptly.
Yahoo Bing Network Traffic
Traffic is comprised of ad impressions, clicks and conversions served on Yahoo and Bing owned and operated or syndicated partner websites.
We categorize clicks as standard-quality, low-quality, and invalid.
- Standard-quality: Normal customer ad clicks.
- Low-quality: Clicks that exhibit characteristics of unclear commercial intent, and patterns of unusual activity. These include invalid clicks.
- Invalid: Clicks that exhibit characteristics of user error, search engine robots, or fraudulent activity.
Bing Ads uses real-time and post-click systems to guard against low-quality and invalid clicks.
How Bing Ads works to detect and respond to invalid clicks
We recognize that invalid clicks can be a serious issue for advertisers. We systematically analyze clicks to determine their validity and, when possible, remove invalid clicks before they are reported to you.
If potentially invalid clicks are detected, members of our team can flag the case, examine the affected account(s), and issue refunds where appropriate. See the Network Protection page for more details.
We have several methods of identifying suspected invalid clicks and are constantly working to refine our technology to correctly identify valid and invalid click activity.
We have dedicated teams around the globe that work 24/7 to detect fraudulent activity and help protect our traffic quality.
- Proactive engineers - We employ dozens of engineers dedicated to continually developing and improving the Bing Ads traffic filtration and network monitoring systems.
- Traffic quality investigators – The Bing Ads Traffic Quality team is a customer focused support team that partners with support agents, proactive engineers, and other Microsoft support teams to provide comprehensive and detailed analysis services regarding advertiser complaints around invalid clicks, fake leads, and malware.