How do I get and use a coupon?
A coupon, sometimes called a promotion code or free credit, can be used to pay your Bing Ads account charges. You can't request coupons, but you can find them through Microsoft promotional events, online marketing drives, or other special offers.
The requirements for adding a coupon are slightly different depending on whether you have a postpay or prepay account.
Postpay account: Before you can add a coupon, you must set a primary payment method for your account. Once the coupon has expired or has been used up, your ads will continue to display and clicks will be charged to your primary payment method.
Prepay account: Before you can add a coupon, you must have a payment method added to your account. Once your coupon has expired or has been used up, we will deduct charges from your prepaid balance. If there is no prepaid balance, your account will be paused.
Once a coupon is redeemed, you have 90 days or until the expiration date to use the credit. You need to spend the full amount before the coupon expires.
- On the Accounts & Billing page, click the Payment Methods tab.
- Click Add Coupon, enter the coupon code, and then click Redeem.
After you add a coupon code, the coupon balance can take up to 24 hours before it appears on the Accounts & Billing page. However, as soon as you redeem the coupon, your ads are eligible to run and charges will be deducted from the balance until the coupon is used up or it expires. At that point, we will start charging your primary payment method (postpay account) or start deducting funds from your account (prepay account) to keep your ads running.
To avoid problems with using your coupon, make sure that:
- You have added a payment method to your account.
- You have entered the code correctly (no spaces at the beginning or end).
- The coupon has not expired.
If you are still having problems, please Contact Support.
- On to the Accounts & Billing page, and click the Billing tab.
- In the Show activity for list, select a time that encompasses the period when you were using the coupon.
- To view a billing statement, click the invoice number.
On the last page of the billing statement, there is a separate table that lists your coupons. The table shows how the coupon was applied at an account level, including amount, status, redemption date, expiration date, and the amount spent to date.