A top hashtag among Millennials is #momfail because they are honest about how hard it is to be a mom.1
"I'm a mom and I'm perfect."1
"I'm a mom with a career"1
"I'm a mom and I'm human."1
celebrate Mother's Day2
US retail spending3
Mother's Day searchers on the Bing Network4
We have more Mother’s Day advertising insights ready to help you plan a successful Mother’s Day digital campaign. Learn additional key insights like top searches to guide your ad creation and keyword bids.
View the full presentation
1. The Mom Complex, Millennial Families: Five Pain Points That Will Revolutionize Your Shopper Marketing Programs, June 2016.
2. MediaPost, Consumers Pour on Mother's Day Love for Record Spending, April 28, 2015.
3. National Retail Federation, Monthly Consumer Survey, April 2016.
4. icrosoft internal data, Retail search queries related to Mother’s Day by age group & gender, US Bing and Yahoo sites, April & May, 2016.
5. Microsoft internal data, Search volume & query in selected categories – all devices, April 1, 2016 – May 15, 2016.
6. Chain Store Age, Consumers Opening their Wallets for Mother’s Day, April 2016.
7. comScore Plan Metrix, US, April 2016, custom measure created using comScore indices and duplication. April data was used to reflect the month prior to Mother’s Day.
8. National Retail Federation, Americans to Spoil Mom with Jewelry, Electronics and Special Outings, April 2016.
9. Chain Store Age, First look: Adobe says digital trends look good for Mother’s Day, May 2016.
10. PowerReviews, Snapshot for eCommerce: The role of visual content in earning consumer trust and influencing purchase behavior, September 26 2016.
11. comScore qSearch, Explicit Core Search (custom), US, June 2016; industry categories based on comScore classifications.